RESOLVED: My e-People petitions have disappeared!
Update 7/23/2022: This issue has been resolved. Today I tried signing in with my email with different capitalization combinations, and I can see my petitions. I am so very relieved. The system update they performed a few days ago changed the program, and now, the email address you use to file petitions is case-sensitive. So if you are filing the e-People petition, please remember what capitalization you used.
For example, if you typed in “[email protected]” (Upper and lowercase) to file your petition, you will not be able to access your petition by typing “[email protected]” (all lowercase).
There are problems in the e-People petition system. My e-People petitions have disappeared! Did this happen to you, too? I have summarized what I noticed regarding this issue below.
• 7/12/22: the e-People system has posted notice as below on July 12th. Their system was out on July 12th, but it came back up the next day.
– Date of work: 07/12 (Tue) 12:00 ~ 13:00 (1 hour)
– Contents of work: Inspection of the e-People system
※ Working hours may be adjusted depending on the situation
• 7/20/22: I could not log in using my email address. I tried using different capitalizations (combining uppercase and lowercase), and I was able to log in. Then I saw that all of my hundreds (thousands if counting all of the petitions I have filed) of e-people petitions are gone, and it only showed 7 petitions from random dates. 2022 and 2021.
I emailed the administrators of the e-People system to notify them of this big problem and ask for help to fix it.
• 7/21/22: I filed an e-People petition addressing the same e-People administrators to ask to fix their system and recover my petitions. I used my email using only the lowercase. I could log in when I logged in using only the lowercase email address. My petition page showed only one petition that I have just filed. My missing petitions are not here either.
I hope this is a simple technical problem they encountered while doing their “inspection,” and they are working to resolve it.
Feel free to write to the e-People administrators at below email addresses to ask them to fix this issue as soon as possible, as this is of utmost importance. I think the more people email them the better.
Han Eun-sil: [email protected]
Cho Gyeong-hwan: [email protected]
I will keep you posted.