Sangju’s response to our e-People petition
Application No.: 1AA-2007-0716389
Application Date: 2020-07-25
Sangju, South Korea, Shut down the illegal dog meat farms, slaughterhouses and markets.
대한민국 상주시는 불법 개농장, 도축장, 시장, 보신탕집을 폐쇄하라!!!
Civil Petition Results
organization in charge 경상북도
staff in charge 이상원
processing date 2020-07-30
1. Hello. We will inform you the results of our review of complaints (application number 1AA-2007-0716389) that you have submitted to the National Newspaper(Gukmin-Sinmungo).
2. It is understood that your complaint is about ‘closing illegal dog farms, slaughterhouses, and boshintang houses’.
3. The opinions reviewed about your inquiry are as follows.
– There are many animals around the world that are sacrificed under the name of tradition. These include whales in the Faroe Islands in Denmark, dolphins in Japan, and dogs in Korea. As the culture develops, in the country where animal sacrificing is established as a traditional culture, there is a conflict between people those who want to keep the tradition and those who want to reject the tradition. Our country is now also in the process of achieving social consensus between those who reject the dog meat culture and those who want to protect it as a traditional culture. If you mock our culture as uncivilized in a country with a different culture, a member of a culture with a culture of ridicule can hurt the cultural pride and it may slow down the decline of dog meat culture.
Please trust and wait for the Korean people so that we can naturally extinguish the traditional culture of animal sacrifice. Actually, many Koreans do not eat dog meat. Also, many people are deeply considering about the welfare of all animals. Please be an animal rights group that moves people’s good hearts rather than reaction against strong actions.
4. We hope that our answer satisfies you well, If you need further explanation on our answer, please contact Sangwon Lee(☏054-537-7476), Livestock department ,Sangju-si for guidance. Thank you.
붙임 1. 민원신청서.