Call for Action: Illegal puppy mill/dog farm in Nonsan, Deokpyeong-ri.
[Update January 24, 2017] We had received the below response from the South Korean government for our e-people petition filed regarding this case.
The Korean government is taking actions to enforce the various laws currently in violation by this dog farm. A big thank you goes out to the SaveKoreanDogs activists who investigated and filed civil complaints to the authorities as well as bring this case to our attention. According to the SaveKoreanDogs, one more violation had been added to this case: Violation of law on disposal of animal carcasses.(동물사체처리법) We would also like to thank everyone who had taken action and filed the petition through e-people.
Click HERE for SaveKoreanDogs homepage.
Below is translation:
1. I am deeply grateful for your concern for our government and apologize for the inconvenience caused by illegal activities.
2. We will respond to complaints about the demolishing of illegal dog farm in 21-14 Deokpyeong-ri, Bucheon-myeon.
3. Regarding the illegal facility, One-stop Civil Complaint department and the Architectural Administrative department ordered the facility owner, who built the facility without the prior notification and procedure, to demolish it voluntarily as well as take the legal process. This is in accordance to the Architectural Act Article 14 and Article 20, Article 79.
4. In regards to failure to register for livestock manure discharge facilities which is required under the Article 11, Paragraph 3 of the Management and Use of Livestock Manure law, Environmental and Water Management departments which is the department responsible, requested an investigation in accordance to the Article 50, Paragraph 4 of the Management and Use of Livestock Manure law.
5. In regards to the failure to register for animal production which is required under Article 34, Paragraph 1 of the Animal Protection Act, Livestock Resources and Livestock Protection Department have filed complaints in accordance to the Article 46, paragraphs 4 (1) of the same law.
6. In the future, we will do our best to prevent similar cases from occurring by conducting thorough crackdown and provide instruction/guidance if we find companion animals being bred in illegal facilities.
In Nonsan, South Korea, there is a puppy mill/farm operating illegally and we would like the City of Nonsan to take action to close it down. This place, in Chungcheongnam-do, Nonsan-si, Bujeok-myeon Deokpyeong-ri 21-14, breeds dogs for pets and also for meat. Their dogs, of various breeds and sizes, are kept in deplorable conditions, and the immense suffering which they are forced to endure is beyond imagination. When any of their dogs become too old or sick to produce litters for the pet trade, the operators get rid of them by selling them on to the dog-meat industry.
We are asking the City of Nonsan to immediately take action to close this place down on a permanent basis, and also to impose fines against the operators for the many legal violations. We also want Nonsan to rescue all of the dogs from this farm and to arrange for them to be adopted out to loving and caring homes. Please file an online petition with the Korean government using their official petition site: e-people Today.
Click HERE for info on e-people.
If you don’t feel comfortable about using your home address, feel free to use our PO Box address instead:
PO Box 60191
Sunnyvale, CA 94088 USA
Click HERE to see photos and videos from this dog farm.
You can use the below suggested message or your own words.
Please Shut Down the Illegal Puppy Mill/Dog Farm in Nonsan Deokpyeong-ri
To whom it may concern,
We are asking you to help permanently shut down an illegal puppy mill/dog farm operating in Nonsan, South Korea which is violating multiple laws.
The address of this place is: Chungcheongnam-do, Nonsan-si, Bujeok-myeon Deokpyeong-ri 21-14, South Korea. (충남논산시 부적면 덕평리21ㅡ14)
Please visit the below page for photos and videos of this illegal dog farm : https://koreandogs.org/nonsan-deokpyeong-ri-dog-farm/
The violations include:
Please will you take action to urgently shut down this farm, and to immediately rescue all of the dogs being kept there. We are also asking that you please make arrangements for the dogs to be cared for while you find permanent loving and caring homes for them.
[Your Name & City/Country]
- Send a Twitter message!
Suggested Twitter text
.@nscity .@mafrakorea Plz shut down Nonsan Deokpyeong-ri puppy mill/dog farm! https://koreandogs.org/nonsan-deokpyeong-ri-dog-farm/ #DogMeatTrade #ImagineYourKorea #Korea
No matter where you live PLEASE SHARE these actions with your friends!