Leafleting and Informational Event on South Korean Dog Meat Trade – July 5, 2015 – San Francisco, Fisherman’s Wharf
Thank you Kathy, Don, Lucia, Liliana, Elizabeth, Iris, Alan and Giny for your dedication to help end the horrific South Korean Dog Meat Trade and spending your Sunday advocating for the South Korean dogs in the meat trade! We are so grateful for your caring hearts and compassion. We had another amazing day of giving a voice to the voiceless South Korean dogs and cats. The normal high foot traffic was tripled, because now is the peak summer vacation season and in addition, this weekend was U.S. Independence Day, a 3- day holiday weekend. This was definitely good news for us!! We were there from 10:30am to 4pm and handed out more than 1,400 leaflets. Literally tens of thousands of people walked by and saw our displays in shock and horror and lined up in long lines to sign our petition addressed to the South Korean President Geun-Hye Park. We collected 780 signatures. (WOW!!! This is a record!). Even as we were taking down our displays, people were still lining up, wanting to sign our petition. People of the world wanted to help these poor dogs with their signatures on the petition. We also received many small donations that totaled $30. We donated this to the Busan Korea Alliance for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.
Anyone can take action to give a voice to the Korean dogs. If you live in the US and would like to organize an event in your city or simply want to hand out our leaflets to your friends, family, and neighbors, contact us and we would be happy to send you our campaign leaflets absolutely free. Campaign materials can also be sent outside the US, but at this time free shipping is available only to US residents due to the high cost of shipping to other countries. Please accept our apologies and our thanks!
Update July 13, 2015: Petition signatures collected are mailed.
Petition signatures collected were sent to the South Korean President Geun-Hye Park, South Korean National Assembly member Myeong-Sook Han and the South Korean Ambassador Ho-Young Ahn in Washington D.C. on July 13, 2015. Included also in the packages are as below:
- This blog page
- Photos from our event
- Photos of South Korean Dog Meat Industry
- Photos of Anri and Ahsan protesting in front of South Korean National Assembly on July 10, 2015
- 2 KoreanDogs.org campaign t-shirts
- KoreanDogs.org campaign leaflets
- News in Korean, 600 Stray Cats Boiled Alive
- News in Korean, Let’s abolish the Boknal! Anti-Dog Meat Campaign held in several places
- News, Activist assaulted by dog trader at the Seoul Gyeongdong Dog Meat Market
- Response we received from the Busan Bukbu Office of Education on April 10, 2015 regarding our petition campaign to close down Busan Gupo Dog Meat Market
Please sign petitions against the South Korean Dog Meat Cruelty!