Sancheong’s response to our e-People petition
Application No.: 1AA-2009-0365556
Application Date: 2020-09-11
Sancheong, South Korea, Shut down the illegal dog meat farms, slaughterhouses and markets.
대한민국 산청군정부는 불법 개농장, 도축장, 시장, 보신탕집을 폐쇄하라!!!
📌 Please note: The South Korean government continues to deceive us with lies and excuses. Click HERE to learn more.
Civil Petition Results
organization in charge 경상남도
staff in charge 조은걸
processing date 2020-09-21
Petition Title: Korea Sancheong, illegal dog meat farm, slaughterhouse and market closure
1. How are you? We will inform you of the review results of the petition you have applied to the National Newspaper.
2. The details of your petition are “Animal Protection Act, Article 8, Paragraph 1, Acts that lead to death by cruel methods such as hanging the neck, etc.), and Article 8, Paragraph 1, 4 of the Act (Other veterinary treatment needs, The act of causing death without justifiable grounds prescribed by Ordinance of the Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs, such as damage to human life, body and property caused by animals) and the violation of Article 10 (Slaughter of Animals)” I understand.
3. The opinions we reviewed on your inquiry are as follows.
– For the violations you pointed out, Not applicable in Sancheong-gun.
– We hope that your question has been answered satisfactorily, and if you need further clarification on the content of the answer, please contact us at Sancheong-gun Agriculture and livestock Division and Jo Eun-geol (055-970-7843) and we will be happy to guide you
4. In addition, the matters concerning “unauthorized treatment of food waste for dog feed in the breeding stage of dogs violates Article 15-2 and Article 25, Paragraph 3 of the Waste Management Act”
– A person who discharges food waste in large quantities in Article 15-2 of the 「Waste Management Act」 entrusts the collection and transport to a person who has obtained the permission for the waste collection and transport business under paragraph 3, item 2, and obtains the permission for the waste recycling business under subparagraph 3. It is judged that it is not illegal to deal with it.
– Article 25 (3) of the 「Waste Management Act」 states that when the Minister of Environment or Mayor/ Do Governor submits an application for permission by meeting the requirements according to the business plan to a person who has received conformity notification pursuant to Paragraph 2 of the same Act, food must be approved without delay. Please be advised that litter is not applicable to providing dog food.
5. In addition, the act of exhibiting and selling dogs slaughtered in traditional markets and selling bosintang made of dogs whose slaughtered in dog meat restaurants is unknown is the Food Sanitation Act Article 4 (prohibition of the sale of hazardous food, etc.) and Article 44 (business owners). Matters to be observed) Regarding the report of violation of Paragraph 1, Item 1
– As a result of checking the traditional market in the hall, no place was found that exhibited and sold slaughtered dogs
according to Article 2, Paragraph 1 of the 「Livestock Products Sanitation Control Act」, dogs are not defined as livestock products, so the 「Livestock Products Sanitation Control Act」 cannot be applied, so you can use Bosintang made of dogs whose slaughter in dog meat restaurants is unknown. Please be advised that the act of selling cannot be considered as a violation of the provisions of Article 44 of the Food Sanitation Act (business owners’ compliance matters).
6. If you have any further questions, please contact Jinwoo Bae (055-970-7163) or Hyunjung Shin (055-970-7152), Sancheong-gun Environmental Hygiene Division, and we will be happy to answer you. Thank you.