Paju’s response to our e-People petition regarding Yeondasan-dong & Odo-dong dog farms
Application No.: 1AA-2009-0385281
Application Date: 2020-09-12
Please help KARA save the dogs at the dog farms in Paju, South Korea.
사라진해돌이 를 위한 민원액션에 함께 해주세요!
👎🏼 An English translation was not provided so we had asked for it through the “satisfaction survey on the petition handling process”.
📌 Please note: The South Korean government continues to deceive us with lies and excuses. Click HERE to learn more.
Two white dogs at Yeondasan-dong dog farm, documented by KARA on their last visit (photographs below), are now missing and the City of Paju has reported that there are no dogs at the Yeondasan-dong dog farm. At Odo-dong dog farm, raised wire cages may have been demolished, but without government action, the dogs will continue to be bred at this dog farm to be slaughtered for the dog meat industry. Their response is typical of the South Korean government which means that basically, they will do nothing to stop the operations.
The city of Paju did not provide an English translation of their response, so we had translated as below:
1. Here is response to your civil petition 1AA-2009-01385281 (2020.09.14.).
2. Your complaint is understood to be related to “animal abuse, violation of the Control of Livestock and Fish Feed Act” in relation to the dog farms, and our opinions are as follows.
Currently, Yeondasan-dong 65-12 is not breeding dogs, and Odo-dong San21 has about 10 dogs and 5 chickens. There was no evidence of animal cruelty, but we had provided guidance to the farm on proper breeding environments.
For your reference, Odo-dong dog farm was reported for violation of the Control of Livestock and Fish Feed Act (inappropriate handling of food wastes as food for animals), and now they are feeding dog food, and the raised wire cages for the dogs are under demolition.
3. We hope that your question has been answered satisfactorily, and if you have any additional questions, please contact the Agriculture and Livestock Division (Min-Ho Cho, 031-940-4593, Yun-Ho Kim 031-940-4571) and we will do our best to answer your questions. End.
Civil Petition Results
organization in charge 경기도
staff in charge 조민호
processing date 2020-09-17
1. 귀하께서 국민신문고 민원1AA-2009-01385281호(2020.09.14.)에 대해 안내드립니다.
2. 귀하의 민원내용은 개농장과 관련하여 “동물학대 여부, 사료관리법 위반여부”에 관한 것으로 이해되며 의견은 다음과 같습니다.
○ 「연다산동 65-12」는 현재 개를 사육하고 있지 않았으며, 「오도동 산21」는 10여 마리의 개와 5마리의 닭을 사육하고 있고 동물학대의 흔적은 없었으나 적정한 사육환경 관리가 이루어질 수 있도록 계도하였습니다.
참고로, 사료관리법(남은음식물 부적정 사료 처리) 위반으로 고발된 상태로 현재는 사료를 공급하고 있었으며, 개 사육시설(뜬장)은 철거가 진행 중에 있습니다.
3. 귀하의 질문에 만족스러운 답변이 되었기를 바라며, 답변 내용에 추가로 궁금하신 사항은 농축산과(조민호 주무관, 031-940-4593, 김윤호 주무관 031-940-4571)에 연락하여 주시면 성심성의껏 답변 드리겠습니다. 끝.